Need a Variance?

Most of us do not enjoy being told what we can and cannot do with our own land, but it’s often a reality. If you have chosen to live in a community that has implemented subdivision and/or zoning authority, you may eventually need a tool called a “variance”. Keep in mind that jurisdiction may have a very detailed and vast requirement for variance approval particular to your very property.

Read More

What is a “Redevelopment Authority” in Alabama?

You may have seen how the face of your downtown area has been improving? Alabama law allows Cities to create a public corporation for the purpose of revitalizing a downtown area. That entity is a Redevelopment Authority. Some call that entity the “RDA”. Many areas of the State have taken advantage of this valuable tool to benefit both local business and local government alike.

Read More
1 2